Friday, April 02, 2010

Headlines, Headlines, Headlines .... (while shaking my head)

Well, it has been a while since I have written but I return today with this little gem.

Look at the headline to the far right from the sports story on Lindsey Vonn in the screen capture of the Huffington Post on April 2, 2010..
Reads "Lindsey Vonn Hand Shake Goes Horribly Wrong".
I grimaced when I first read it. OMG, maybe she fell down and twisted her wrist or arm or shoulder came out of her socket.
Or the footballer kicked her instead of the ball, or she fainted or she tripped and ...

A range of scenarios came to mind conjured up by the phrase "Horribly Wrong".

Except it was nothing that dire. The story was that the man she shook hands with had moments earlier picked his nose.

Sensationalizing a headline? You be the judge. Here is the story.

No comments:

Search This Blog